Galleries.... Old CoventryNow and thenStoke, CoventryLichfield CathedralMy Family
Steven's Coventry
Features.... Main page Quick quiz
Bayley Lane
Bishop Street & Hales Street corner
Bluecoat School
Broadgate viewed from Hertford Street
Broadgate viewed from Holy Trinity Church
Bullyard & Hertford Street
The Burges and Corporation Street
Council House Earl Street
Ford's Hospital and the Cottage
Hales Street and the Old Fire Station
Hales Street Flood of 1900
Hertford Street & the Empire Theatre
Lady Herbert's Garden and Cook Street Gate
Lychgate Cottages, Trinity Church & the old Campanile
Martyr's Memorial
Priory Row and the old Belfry
St. Michael's viewed from Bayley Lane
St. Michael's viewed from New Street
St. Michael's interior
Trinity Street & Timothy White's

Steven Orland's Coventry, Now & Then

Bluecoat School



Blue Coat School used to be a girls school and was on this spot for about 100 years until they were evacuated in World War 2.
Blue Coat School c1920
Steven's Photo of Blue Coat School 2012
The school was built upon the north west tower at the west end of the ruins of St. Mary's cathedral which was ordered to be demolished by greedy King Henry the 8th. You can see some of the remains of pillars from the old church here.

Previous page:
Bishop Street & Hales Street corner
This page:
Bluecoat School
Next page:
Broadgate viewed from Hertford Street

Search this site:

Related sites....
Historic Coventry Discussion forum Our family history
Top of the page
Main page | Admin
162,308 people have seen this website since it was first created on 3rd September 2004

Counter provided by Rob Orland

HTML5