Galleries.... Old CoventryNow and thenStoke, CoventryLichfield CathedralMy Family
Steven's Coventry
Features.... Main page Quick quiz
Bayley Lane
Bishop Street & Hales Street corner
Bluecoat School
Broadgate viewed from Hertford Street
Broadgate viewed from Holy Trinity Church
Bullyard & Hertford Street
The Burges and Corporation Street
Council House Earl Street
Ford's Hospital and the Cottage
Hales Street and the Old Fire Station
Hales Street Flood of 1900
Hertford Street & the Empire Theatre
Lady Herbert's Garden and Cook Street Gate
Lychgate Cottages, Trinity Church & the old Campanile
Martyr's Memorial
Priory Row and the old Belfry
St. Michael's viewed from Bayley Lane
St. Michael's viewed from New Street
St. Michael's interior
Trinity Street & Timothy White's

Steven Orland's Coventry, Now & Then

Bishop Street & Hales Street corner



The Old Grammar School in this picture is now the only remaining building if we compare it to how this looked back in 1939. Bishop Street was once a busy shopping street where trams trundled up and down the hill.

The corner of Bishop St and Hales St in 1939 and 2015

Please click here if you wish to see the photo's separately.

Previous page:
Bayley Lane
This page:
Bishop Street & Hales Street corner
Next page:
Bluecoat School

Search this site:

Related sites....
Historic Coventry Discussion forum Our family history
Top of the page
Main page | Admin
164,778 people have seen this website since it was first created on 3rd September 2004

Counter provided by Rob Orland

HTML5